Monday, October 17, 2016

Castle Dreams Pt.2! #CastleDreams #CastlesBurning #GivemeMore #ContinuingStory

That one story that you just can't seem to get out of your head. 
Those characters that are such a part of you they feel like your dearest friends. 
That tale that calls you back time and time again. 
I feel like Amber actually. 
She wanted me to tell you all how she is doing!
(You can get the novel Castles Burning here free on Amazon Kindle Oct 21-24)


There was always something delicate about this world. Something safe. Maybe that's why I returned each night this week. There was comfort in knowing I could always come back to him, to Dean. To our places. Different spaces and different seasons. Any place I chose really. Money was no issue. Here, you couldn't really lose those you loved. For they existed only in my mind, in my heart, forever. Time was irrelevant except upon waking. Even now, in this autumn scented meadow, the warm amber glow of sunlight dancing on his skin as he spoke I felt time was but an illusion. And I suppose, it was.


"He never even noticed me. I stood beside him for ages and he never noticed I was there." Dean laughed as he turned his gaze up to mine, the gentle breeze lifting one of the curls at his forehead, those black eyes staring into mine always had such a calming effect on me.

"How did you do it?" I took a bite of a dark red apple, the juice sprayed lightly on my face and he smirked before wiping it away and then sucking the sweetness from the pad of his thumb.

"I don't know." He whispered as he looked out into the sunset. "Just happened one day, I decided I didn't want to be a part of that world anymore. You know?" His gaze returned to mine and I nodded.

I took a scoop of sand into my hand as suddenly the ocean roared beside us, a welcomed change of scenery. I turned my face into the sea breeze and inhaled deeply as I packed the sand into place, forming my castle. I smiled. Yes I knew what he meant. I loved it here. Here I was safe.

But... I still loved Aden. My stomach tightened at the thought of him. Of our life. Of the life I had lost.

XXX
N

No comments:

Post a Comment