Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year! #Excerpt three from #CastlesBurning #erotic #thriller #psychological

Happy New Year lovers!

As promised, I'm here to share another excerpt from Castles, we are getting so CLOSE! I can not wait to bring you the final draft. I know you are going to love it. I kind of want to release it now, but I can't. It's just too perfect of a love story to be released on any other day than Valentines Day! ;)



My phone began to ring in my pocket and I pulled it out, answering softly.

“Hi mom.” I said.

“Hello sweetie, I just wanted to see how you were doing.” She said on the other end.

“I’m fine mom. I am about to board though so I have to go.”

“Ok, Amber. I just wanted to be sure you felt ok. You know… your anxiety stuff.”

“I’m fine mom.” I said, chewing on my pinky nail.

“Did you go ahead and take that medication the doctor offered?” She asked pleasantly.

“Mom,” I groaned, “I told you, they make me spacey and sick. I’m not taking them!” I rubbed my eyes. “I’m sorry for yelling. I’m so tired mom, I love you but I have to go now, ok?”

“Yes, I’m sorry sweetie. I know you said that, I only thought… I wish I could help.” She said.

“I know mom, thanks.” I said and glanced at my shiny shoes. “If you want to help, let me be normal again, okay? I love you. Call you when I get to Christie’s.”

“Ok Amber, I love you. Bye.”

I closed my phone and stashed it in my bag.

“Excuse me?” I heard quietly from the woman standing at the check-in desk, I looked behind me to see her smiling widely. I grabbed my cover and walked up to her. Why I decided to fly home in my dress whites was beyond me, I hadn’t wanted to change after my going away party…but it turned out to be in my favor.

“Yes?” I asked her, she was very short, maybe in her mid thirties, with a beautiful Hispanic look to her.

“I noticed your whites.” Again she smiled at me, “My little brother is in the Navy, we have plenty of space, I’m going to bump you up to first class.”

“Oh, thank you.” I said, looking at the empty waiting area. “I’ve never seen first class before.” I laughed.

While I placed my things in the over head compartment I noticed a bald man, shaved, not like he’d lost his hair, maybe early forty’s who was sitting in the seat next to mine. He looked friendly so I smiled at him as I sat down. He returned the smile, but it didn’t reach his eyes really, he looked terribly sad. 

Taking my seat, I popped two Tylenol PM and then swallowed them with my ginger ale, the baldy snapped his magazine closed. I swallowed hard before placing my soda down and looking over to see him grinning at me. I returned his smile awkwardly, not wanting to be rude, wondering what was so funny.

“I’m always sat next to the sick girl.” He said with a wink before nodding at my ginger ale.

“Oh, I won’t be sick, maybe snoring, but not sick.” I laughed nervously, I truly was afraid of flying, which was my main reason for joining the Navy and not the Air Force.

“Well, that’s nice for me then. Thank you for your service.” He added nodding at my uniform. He smelled of strong, woodsy aftershave.

“Oh, uh… thanks for the thanks.” I said awkwardly.

 I’d never been very good at accepting compliments but when people thanked me for my service I was even more awkward with a response. He placed his magazine down and looked at me finally. I noticed his right eye had a thin, barely noticeable scar that stretched from his temple to the side of his mouth. I wondered what had happened to him as I watched his eyes rove over me briefly.

“How long have you been away?” He asked me.

“Almost two years.” I replied, taking a sip of my drink. “Well, aside from visits now and then.”

“Oh? A lot can happen in two years.” He said, returning to his paper.

“Yes, it can Sir.” I sighed. 

An odd look flashed in his eyes and my stomach flipped, realization setting in, it was not often that I met a man who was this clandestinely Dominant. Usually I could spot them, but this man was quite good at hiding it, of course now I noticed his clenching right hand, which was furthest from me, and not an article of clothing was out of place. I grinned inside as he adjusted himself in his seat, crossing his legs. I was reminded of my training sessions with Aden, my insides twisted and nearly caught fire at the memory, it’d been so long since I’d seen him, oh God I missed him.

The fasten seat belts sign lit up and before I knew it we are ascending into the air and I was gripping the bald man’s hand. He tried to console me at first, but then he laughed at what I can only assume must have been a look of sheer horror, maybe constipation. 

Once we were flying high and I could close my eyes, my mind drifted to my fond memories from before boot camp, it seemed like decades ago. It was really frightening to think about how much things had changed, how much I had changed. But Aden would know me, he would still recognize me. As any natural Dominant will see his little, he would still see my inner most self clear as day, as if I didn’t keep her hidden deep down in the darkness.



Be ready to grab a copy on February 14th! Until next time!

XXX
N

*EDIT*
Now available on Amazon and Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment