Thursday, November 6, 2014

Author Interview with @BeckyFlade! #erotica

I'm super excited to welcome the talented Becky Flade today! I was lucky enough to be able to interview her today. It's a dreary day here in Seattle and I love that I can curl up with my blanket and cup of hot tea while chit chatting with this rad lady!

So, what were you like in school?

[Laugh] Total nerd. Hand in the air for every question, waving it back and forth chanting "oh, oh, oh, pick me." I was a safety, library aide and in the drama club.

Sounds like me! Were you good at English?

I was very good at English, spelling, and the like. But math was, and is, my kryptonite.

Math is tough for many of us... I swear I dreaded that class my entire school career. What are your ambitions for your writing career?

Well, they aren't lofty, that's for sure. I just want to be able to keep writing and be able to have other people read and enjoy what I've written.

Who are some writers that inspire you?

That list is crazy long; I could talk books and authors for hours. I'm a hoarder. But I'll  stick to indies and little-knowns today. I admire you, Juli Page Morgan, Debra Kayn, Karyn Gerard, Peggy Bird, Nancy Weeks, Ksenia Anske....

Moi? Now I'm blushing! So, tell us a little about what you've written so far?


Secretly Serviced; Fated Souls; Goddess of the Hunt; and An Elementary Contract (within the Fireside Popsicles anthology) are my published works. Goddess is currently nominated for a Red Carpet Award. And Souls was nominated for a RONE. I am currently blogging
at beckyflade.blogspot.com

Where can we buy or see them?

Everything is available at Amazon of course, what isn't these days. And Goodreads is a fine resource too. But I have descriptions, excerpts, trailers, links on my blog.

Give us an insight into your main character in Goddess. What does she do that is so special?

Paige is a covert operative for the CIA. She is an intelligent, cunning, and deadly field agent with a love them and leave them attitude. She essentially races all over the world kicking ass and breaking hearts.

What are you working on currently?

I *was* working on Paige's next mission - rescuing an asset in Prague - but I put that aside to give NaNoWriMo a run this year.

What’s it about? 

NaNoWriMo is an annual event where writers scramble to pound out a 50,000 word original manuscript within the month of November. I've only succeeded once but I keep trying. Wish me luck?

Definitely wishing you good luck, I know you'll rock it! So, what draws you to the erotica genre?

The honesty. Some people may read that and snicker but hear me out. The lovemaking in romance novels is largely unrealistic. Especially the ones I was reading as a teen. It's awkward, loud, often funny, poignant, rough and rude. I find erotica compelling because sex honestly portrayed is more romantic to me. And hot as fuck which never hurts.

Thanks for having me today Nicole. It was a pleasure.

It was so great to have you, we should really get together and maybe work on a collaboration some time! I think it would be a blast!

Goddess of the Hunt is currently marked down to 99 cents on Amazon:  Goddess of the Hunt (Covert Passions)

And it is up for a Red Carpet Award at BTSemag. They've just opened voting to the public here.

XXX
N

No comments:

Post a Comment